Catalyst Project Notice
Applications to Be Accepted Online
For those preparing to apply for the Catalyst Project funding and mentorship initiative, please note that applications will be accepted through our online system.
The system will be open from early March; the closing date for applications is midnight on Friday, March 28th, 2014.
The initiative is open to filmmaking teams – producer(s), writer(s) and director(s) or writer/director(s) – all of whom must have completed our two Catalyst seminars in late-2013. Three teams will be selected to produce a feature film on a budget of €350,000 with support from BSÉ/IFB personnel and access to a panel of key industry experts who will provide mentorship and guidance to the teams.
In order to apply for Catalyst, each team will be required to submit the following through our online system:
– Logline (up to 25 words) and synopsis (1/2 A4 page)
– Detailed director and producer notes on how they envision and plan to execute the film
– Notes on key cast, HODs and any creative/technical crew attached or proposed
– Notes on strategy for festival exposure and distribution
– CVs of all principals
– Evidence of ownership of rights
– Director’s showreel
– Any supplementary material such as storyboards, etc., are also welcome.
Full guidelines to the application process are available on the Catalyst page of the IFB website.