DEADLINE SHORT SHOTS 2017: PHASE 3 APPLICATION
DEADLINE SHORT SHOTS 2017 PHASE 3 APPLICATION:
5PM THURSDAY 4th May 2017
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Filmbase / RTÉ SHORT SHOTS 2017
NB Please read the following terms & conditions carefully. Please also note that you can only apply to the third phase of the scheme if you have already applied to the first & second phase.
LINK TO DIRECTORS & SCRIPTWRITERS & PRODUCERS APPLICATION FORM (PHASE 3)
• Initial applications (Phase 1) will only be accepted from individuals. Applicants may only apply in one area, either as a Writer, Director or Producer.
• For the second phase of the scheme. Applications will only be accepted from teams. Story proposals will only be accepted from teams initially comprising one Writer and one Director.
• Proposals submitted from sole applicants will not be accepted under any circumstances.
• Story proposals must be supplied in the form requested. Full scripts will not be accepted. Proposals exceeding the prescribed word limits may result in proposals being excluded from consideration.
• Applicants may only apply with one project.
• Late applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
• Shortlisted projects will be required to attach a Producer from the Short Shots shortlisted applicants in order to proceed to final interview and assessment. Projects which are unsuccessful in attaching a producer will be unable to proceed to the final shortlist stage. A pitching workshop will be held at Filmbase on Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th April 2017. Applicants wishing to move forward and attach a producer should be available to take part.
• Proposals submitted must be (a) wholly original to the applicant team, or, (b) have a clear and unencumbered assignment of rights to the applicant if based on an existing work (eg. Play, short story, book).
• Phase 2 Applications should contain the following elements only:
– Title of Project – Names of Applicants – Short Synopsis of story (max 160 words) – Detailed Story Outline (max 1,200 words) – Full CVs of Writer and Director
Please ensure that Your Title, Short Synopsis, Detailed Story Outline and Names of Applicants are combined together into one (1) single completed document.
• Phase 3 Applications should contain the following elements only:
– Title of Project – Names of Applicants – Contact Details of Producer, Writer & Director – Log Line & Full Short Film Script.
Submissions should be sent in Microsoft Word or PDF format only.
Additional materials (eg budgets, production notes etc) should NOT be submitted at this time. (NB up to two pages (A4) of art work may be submitted for animation applications only).
• All applicants for the Short Shots award must be fully paid up members of Filmbase as of the deadline date. Visit our membership page for more information.
Project shortlisting is on a competitive basis. At the discretion of the selection panel the projects selected from the validly received proposals to progress for further development under the scheme. The decisions of the shortlisting panel are final. It will not be possible to provide feedback to unsuccessful projects.
• Canvassing support from Filmbase and/or RTE will immediately disqualify applications
• Unsuccessful applicants will be eligible to re-submit to future Filmbase short film schemes.
• Projects must be capable of being shot and completed for premiere at on of the Irish Film Festivals under the resources available from the scheme (up to €10,000 in cash, with matching support in equipment and editing facilities from Filmbase).
• All applicants must confirm their acceptance of these terms of conditions before their applications will be accepted and processed.
LINK TO DIRECTORS & SCRIPTWRITERS & PRODUCERS APPLICATION FORM
WRITER & DIRECTOR & PRODUCER TEAM APPLICATION FORM (PHASE 3):
DEADLINE: THURSDAY 4TH MAY 2017