FCPX 101: Professional Post Production
TBC Spring 2017, Fri – Sun
€510 Members / €550 Non-Members
This three-day course teaches students to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the user interface for Apple’s popular editing software Final Cut Pro.
This three-day course teaches students to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the user interface for Apple’s popular editing software Final Cut Pro. Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Final Cut Pro’s powerful advanced features. Students work with dramatic real-world media to learn the practical techniques used daily in editing projects.
This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro X and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality. These certified courses also offer students the chance to become Apple Certified in FCPX.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology is highly recommended
Apple Pro Certification Level One Exam is available for this course.
- Creating Smart Collections to organise media
- Using the Magnetic Timeline for a fast, fluid new way to edit
- Combining multiple elements into a single Compound Clip
- Finetuning clips in the timeline with the Precision Editor
- Comparing alternate shots from a collection of clips using auditions
- Applying effects, transitions and retiming clips
- Finishing and final output
A complete outline for the course including a day by day guide is available here: fcp101.
Lead Tutor: Paul Schwer
Editing since 2008, Paul has gained a deep knowledge of all the main NLEs; Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro 7, FCPX, and Adobe Premiere Pro CC, as well as dabbling with the new Mac version of Lightworks. Since becoming a full-time freelance professional in 2013, he has cut broadcast documentaries and is currently certified in FCPX.
- TBC Spring 2017, Fri – Sun, 3 days
- €510 Members / €550 Non-Members
- €200 Deposit
- Filmbase, Temple Bar, Curved street
To reserve your place on this course, please contact Filmbase Reception on 01 679 6716 and dial 0. For more information, email our Training Department at email@example.com. Please read our Terms & Conditions before booking a course.