FilmOffaly Award 2013
Men & Women
(Please note that the application deadline for this scheme has passed)
FilmOffaly, Offaly’s Film Commission in association with Filmbase, has announced the FilmOffaly Award 2013. Closing date for applications is 3pm Friday 5th April 2013.
An application form and guidelines can be downloaded from the FilmOffaly website at www.filmoffaly.ie
This funding initiative aims to foster creative, resourceful filmmaking in Co. Offaly. FilmOffaly are looking for unique, original stories by talented new filmmakers, professional and novice alike. The only stipulation is that the filming must take place in Offaly! There will be one award to one successful applicant.
The winning applicant will receive:
- 8,000 towards the cost of their production
- A local premiere in Offaly
- 1-year’s Filmbase membership to the Writer, Producer and Director of the winning film
- A 50% discount on production equipment and/or editing facilities from Filmbase for the project
- Filmbase’s production insurance to cover the shoot
The award will be based on a two stage application process:
Please complete the FilmOffaly 2013 Application Form and submit it by post (not e-mail) with three copies of the script and 500 word synopsis of the film project.
Screenplays/treatments of shorts, features or documentaries from any genre, style, topic or perspective will be considered and judged on its merits regarding the quality of the material along with interviews and re-writes with/by the Applicant/s.
Closing date for applications 2013: now closed.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview where they will need to provide evidence of the following:
- Notes outlining intended approach
- Evidence of ownership of rights. (Copies of all option and writers agreements entered into in respect of story and script if applicable to the project)
- Written confirmation in the form of clearances and permissions of key subjects willingness to participate
- A budget (to include, production, crew, casting, equip hire, editing, travel, music etc and evidence of further funding)
- CVs of proposed team (director, producer, writer, editor etc)
- Outline details of proposed casting
- Time schedule
- Any relevant supporting materials
It is in the interest of the applicant that as many members of the team attend the interview. Inability to attend for interview will render the applicant ineligible to compete for the award. There will only be one date selected for interviewing. Applicants will be interviewed by representatives of Filmbase and FilmOffaly.
For the full guidelines and to download the application form please visit the FilmOffaly website at www.filmoffaly.ie.