IFI: Marketing Officer (Maternity Cover)
Deadline: 30th May 2014
The Irish Film Institute seek a marketing officer on a maternity contract to join their busy marketing department.
Reporting to: Press & Marketing Manager, Irish Film Institute
Key Relationships: Press Officer, Online Assistant, IFI Box Office
Purpose of Job: Assisting the effective delivery of all marketing, PR and promotional initiatives for the company, incorporating IFI Cinemas, IFI Irish Film Archive, IFI Education, IFI International, IFI National, all film festivals, retrospectives, courses, special events and publishing properties.
Key tasks and priorities include:
Under the direction of the Press & Marketing Manager:
- Manage and edit the monthly IFI printed programme from inception to distribution liaising with contributors, printers and designers
- Ensure the effective marketing of IFI entire range of cultural activities and services, and take major role in the design, with the marketing and PR colleagues, of promotional campaigns.
- Manage the design and delivery of all IFI marketing and promotional materials.
- Manage and review the effective distribution of these materials both in Dublin and at national level.
- Design and budget-manage the advertising campaigns for all IFI activities.
- Maintain a successful collaboration with all film distributors in the promotion of IFI cinema exhibition, and with all exhibitors around the country for regional distribution / exhibition of films.
- Assist the development and delivery of a high quality customer relations policy in the IFI and at all IFI events and services
- Maintain and develop all online marketing activities, including the IFI website, weekly newsletters, daily membership databases, and other online initiatives.
- Assistance to Public Relations Officer in relief capacity (holidays) or busy periods, as required.
- Where possible, carry-out any other duties that are necessary and deemed appropriate
- Person Specification
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate strong examples from their past experience highlighting that they have both the capability and desire for this role. They should be an effective communicator with high organisational skills and have knowledge and expertise in all marketing channels. They should have an ability to work in a constantly busy work environment with a high level of time and stress management, be literate with all basic computer packages and be a good team player.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: July 28th 2014
Application Process: Please email letter of application with CV to email@example.com by Friday May 30th