Introduction to Writing for Screen – Lindsay Sedgwick
24th January – 14th March, 8 Tues Eves
€260 Members / €295 Non-Members
Interested in Screenwriting? Taught by experienced screenwriter Lindsay Sedgwick, this courses gives an excellent grounding in the basics.
Taught by experienced screenwriter Lindsay Sedgwick, this courses gives an excellent grounding in the basics: an introduction to the craft of screenwriting, developing character, writing the individual scene, dialogue, structure, format, writing for TV, writing comedy, rewriting techniques and writing treatments.
- Understanding the medium: an introduction to the essential ingredients of writing for film and television.
- Story through character
- Writing the individual scene
- Structure: The Three Act Formula
- The Hollywood Method – what is it and why does it work?
- Writing a television series
- Writing comedy
- Script to Screen: Practical work
- Marketing your idea
- Knowing your rights: The business of screenwriting
- Fixing your script: self-assessment and re-writing techniques.
Lead Tutor: Lindsay Sedgwick
A former journalist, Lindsay Jane Sedgwick is a versatile and imaginative award-winning screenwriter and playwright with over eight hours’ credits for TV and film work including the internationally acclaimed animation series, PUNKY, two series of which have sold globally. Current projects include a supernatural feature, TV series and two animation series’. A screenwriting tutor since 1995, Lindsay is a graduate of Moonstone ScreenLabs (2002), was a New York University ‘Gregory Peck Scriptwriting Course’ scholar, (1993) and has an MA Screenwriting from Leeds Metropolitan University (1999). In 2012, she founded the Creatives in Animation Network (CAN) to facilitate collaboration between writers and animators.
24th January – 14th March, 8 Tues eves
- €260 Members / €295 Non-Members
- €100 Deposit
“Lindsay was great! Easy to work with and very helpful when answering questions. She knew her stuff and helped me become a better writer.”
– William McLoughlin, 2015
- Filmbase, Temple Bar, Curved street
To book your place on this course, please contact Filmbase Reception on 01 679 6716 and dial 0. For more information on this course, email our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read our Terms & Conditions before booking a course.