This one-day seminar covers common legal issues facing filmmakers when producing a film, television programme or other audio-visual work. Taught by a practising barrister, the course covers a range of topics including copyright, clearances, employment law and more.
- How to set up a production company
- Copyright – how it operates, why it is relevant and exemptions
- Trade marks/brands – the legal rules in relation to reproducing trademarks and brands in audio-visual works
- Clearances and releases – music, film footage, locations, interviews and performances.
- Common types of contracts used by filmmakers including option agreements, co-production agreements and distribution agreements.
- Essential elements in legally binding contracts
- Employing employees and engaging freelancers
- Introduction to basic taxation issues for filmmakers
Lead Tutor: Eva Nagle BL
Cian McElhone from Philip Lee Solicitors
To Book / More Info:
- For more info or to book, please contact Filmbase Reception on 01 679 6716 and dial 0.
- Detailed information on this course is available from Training Manager; please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please read our Terms & Conditions before booking a course.