Mermaid Arts Centre seeks Box Office Assistant
Job Notice: Paid Position
Mermaid is looking to recruit a motivated and reliable box office assistant for casual hours.
The Box Office plays a very important role in customer care, being the main point of contact for information and ticket sales.
They are looking for someone who is flexible in their time, has a proven interest in the arts and who has a good knowledge and understanding of social media.
This is a Casual Part Time position and the hours vary sometimes including weekday, evening and weekend and holiday cover. Approximately 8-14 Hours per week.
Box Office Duties:
- Responding to customer enquiries in person and by telephone, mail and email.
- Selling tickets for all ticketed performances and screenings
- Issuing & promoting the Friends of Mermaid scheme
- Maintaining a highly professional attitude towards serving the public
- Ensuring an effective service is provided to customers at all times by maintaining a detailed knowledge of incoming theatre productions, films and exhibitions
- Daily Box Office reporting and banking
- Providing assistance to the Marketing manager in the distribution of promotional material.
- General administrative duties
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous Box Office experience with knowledge of Databox and Ticketsolve
- Proven Interest in the Arts
- Proficient computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and Social Media
- Fluent English
- Living within easy travelling distance of Bray an advantage
Interviews will take place on the 10th September 2014.
Please apply with up to date CV and cover letter to email@example.com for the attention of Jane Horner, Box Office Manager.