Part Time Facilitator needed at Imaginosity
Imaginosity, Dublin children’s museum is located in Beacon South Quarter, Sandyford, Dublin 18. It is Ireland’s first interactive children’s museum for children up to the age of 9 years and their families.
The purpose of the Museum is to promote learning for children of all abilities through interactive, informal hands on exhibits and programmes.The museum is a welcoming, fun environment, which helps spark learning through imagination, creativity and discovery. Imaginosity relates to its region, its community, its children and their developmental needs. It is a place where children and adults learn through play.
All employees are responsible for upholding the Museum’s mission and vision, to serve as an advocate for arts and education for all visitors and to serve the regions diverse communities. We believe in collaboration not competition with other museums, community organisations and non-profits to improve the quality of life in our communities.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Must be available to work weekends.
2. Meet and exceed company service standards with regard to customer contact and interaction.
3. Ability to communicate with the public including general museum visitors, parents, care givers and community members in a courteous and professional manner.
4. Enthusiasm and understanding of working with families and children.
5. Project a polite, confident and efficient image of the organisation.
6. An ability to work with/support the management of interactive exhibits and contribute to arts and cultural programming.
7. Coordinate visiting groups, lead birthday party groups and assist at events.
8. Ability to work in a team setting where a high degree of daily communication is required. Must care about and value viewpoints of other Team members with different areas of responsibility.
9. Responsible for the daily upkeep and maintenance of exhibit areas.
10. Undergo training and coaching as required to achieve company performance standards and develop own skills.
The ideal candidate will:
1. Have customer service and some administration experience.
2. Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
3. Possess superb organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Possess drive, energy and determination and be a highly motivated self-starter.
5. Demonstrate a warm, friendly and helpful manner in communications.
6. Take responsibility for own actions and work on own initiative, when required.
7. Strive to maintain good working relationships with other team members and other departments within the organisation.
8. Willing to work Saturdays and Sundays
9. Available to work midweek
10. Professional appearance is required. Ability to lift light objects and be on feet all day is essential.
11. Have an interest in one or more of the following; Early Years Learning, education, science, drama, art.
Facilitators are responsible for a wide variety of “on the floor” and behind-the-scenes activities, including group visits and birthday parties. A flexible attitude, willingness to wear many hats, and team spirit are essential. Computer knowledge and interest are a plus. Facilitators must love working with children, communicate well with people of all ages and abilities, be outgoing, extremely well-organised, have a sense of humour. Facilitators must inspire enthusiasm and excitement about the Museum and its mission, and should be curious and enjoy learning
Closing date for applications Friday April 11th
Interviews to take place between the 23rd and 25th April.
Must be available to start immediately.
To apply please email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Further details and job description can be found on