Do you want to know what it takes to produce a low budget Feature Film? This course returns to Filmbase with experienced Producer, Rachel Lysaght (One Million Dubliners, Patrick’s Day). Using successful low budget films as case studies, this course is theory based with some practical exercises. It is the ideal course for first-time Director and Producers of low budget feature films.
- Relationship between Producer and Director
- Story to Script
- Script Development Plan
- Script Editing
- Finance Plan / Funding Approach
- Script Refinement / Funding Development
- Casting Process
- Funding Options
- Distribution and Film Festivals
Lead Tutor: Conor Barry
Irish Producer Conor Barry graduated from the IADT in Dun Laoghaire (the National Film School). He has worked very closely with the writer/director – Brendan Muldowney over the years, producing his IFTA award-winning feature film Savage, as well as the forthcoming Love Eternal and eight short films including Innocence and The Ten Steps. He has also produced two IFTA nominated documentaries In Sunshine or in Shadow and Gualainn Le Gualainn (w/d – Andrew Gallimore). He attended EAVE 2010 and ACE21.
- Sat 10.30 – 5.00 & Sun 11.00 – 5.30
- €175 Members / €200 Non-Members
- €100 Deposit
To Book / More Info:
- For more info or to book, please contact Filmbase Reception on 01 679 6716 and dial 0.
- Detailed information on this course is available from our Training Department; please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please read our Terms & Conditions before booking a course.