LINK TO PRODUCERS, DIRECTORS & SCRIPTWRITERS APPLICATION FORM
The first phase of the scheme is a basic application of participation. Scriptwriters, Directors and Producers should apply separately.
You can find the first application form below:
WRITER’S APPLICATION FORM:
PRODUCER’S APPLICATION FORM:
DIRECTOR’S APPLICATION FORM:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Filmbase / RTÉ Short Shots
NB Please read the following terms & conditions carefully.
• Initial applications will only be accepted from individuals. Applicants may only apply in one area, either as a Writer, Director or Producer.
• For the second phase of the scheme. Applications will only be accepted from teams. Story proposals will only be accepted from teams initially comprising one Writer and one Director.
• Proposals submitted from sole applicants will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Story proposals must be supplied in the form requested. Full scripts will not be accepted. Proposals exceeding the prescribed word limits may result in proposals being excluded from consideration.
Late applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Shortlisted projects will be required to attach a Producer from the Short Shots shortlisted applicants in order to proceed to final interview and assessment. Projects which are unsuccessful in attaching a producer will be unable to proceed to the final shortlist stage. Shortlisted projects with get a list of shortlisted producers to contact.
• Proposals submitted must be (a) wholly original to the applicant team, or, (b) have a clear and unencumbered assignment of rights to the applicant if based on an existing work (eg. Play, short story, book).
• Second round applications should contain the following elements only:
– Title of Project
– Names of Applicants
– Short Synopsis of story (max 160 words)
– Detailed Story Outline (max 1,200 words)
– Full CVs
Please ensure that Your Title, Short Synopsis, Detailed Story Outline and Names of Applicants are combined together into one (1) single completed document.
Submissions should be sent in Microsoft Word or PDF format only.
Additional materials (eg budgets, production notes etc) should NOT be submitted at this time. (NB up to two pages (A4) of art work may be submitted for animation applications only).
• All applicants for the Short Shots award must be fully paid up members of Filmbase as of the deadline date. Visit our membership page for more information.
Project shortlisting is on a competitive basis. At the discretion of the selection panel a maximum of 20 projects will be selected from the validly received proposals to progress for further development under the scheme. The decisions of the shortlisting panel are final. It will not be possible to provide feedback to unsuccessful projects.
• Canvassing support from Filmbase and/or RTE will immediately disqualify applications
• Unsuccessful applicants will be eligible to re-submit to future Filmbase short film schemes.
• Projects must be capable of being shot and completed for premiere at the Cork Film Festival, November 2017 under the resources available from the scheme (up to €10,000 in cash, with matching support in equipment and editing facilities from Filmbase).
• All applicants must confirm their acceptance of these terms of conditions before their applications will be accepted and processed.