The Abbey Theatre – Sales & Ticking Manager
Deadline: 19th May 2014
The Abbey Theatre is Ireland’s national theatre and occupies a unique position in the hearts and minds of Irish people. It has two theatres: the Abbey, with a capacity of 492 seats, and the Peacock, with a capacity of 132 seats.
The Abbey Theatre is committed to producing a year round programme of work both on and off stage, with the priority to create work of excellence, which not only showcases Irish and international drama but also engages with the artistic and civic life of contemporary Ireland.
Purpose of Job
An opportunity exists in the Abbey Theatre for an experienced Sales and Ticketing Manager with a proven track record of maximising all sales opportunities and fully utilising the functions of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. The purpose of this role is to deliver on agreed sales targets and to identify opportunities for revenue growth.
The postholder will be a member of the Sales and Customer Service management team, alongside the Event Sales Manager and the Visitor Services Manager. This team will provide leadership and management to the department and deliver on departmental goals and objectives in the context of the Abbey Theatre’s overall mission, vision and goals.
Duties of the Sales and Ticketing Manager include but are not limited to:
Sales and Ticketing:
- Manage all aspects of sales and ticketing to ensure a profitable, highly efficient, day to day operation.
- Develop initiatives to drive and increase online sales and to maintain a seamless online ticketing process.
- Deliver on strategies to increase revenue and encourage repeat attendance.
- Work closely with the Communications team on the sales and customer service messaging, to ensure the most accurate and effective communication.
- Work closely with the Development team to manage supporter ticket requests.
- Liaise with Community and Education regarding access performance requirements and other ticketing activities.
- Liaise with relevant departments regarding activities impacting on sales and ticketing.
- Facilitate ticket sales operations for all co-presentations, venue hires and agent allocations.
- Grow group sales and identify sales opportunities to maximise ticket occupancy.
- Keep up to date on new technology and sales techniques and roll out new initiatives that will improve operations.
CRM/Ticketing System (Tessitura):
- Set up and maintain the system configuration specific to sales and ticketing.
- Ensure accurate event and performance information is available at all times.
- Maintain system integrity including monitoring departmental data entry standards and ensuring adherence to business rules.
- Be a Tessitura power user for the Sales and Customer Service team and active contributor to the Tessitura User Group and Community.
- Identify and resolve sales and ticketing system issues, in conjunction with the Database Systems Manager, in a timely manner.
- Continually test and evaluate the system and identify areas for development and potential new business uses.
- Maintain Tessitura training documentation specific to the Abbey Theatre.
- Manage the customer feedback process through the CRM system.
- Keep up to date with sales and ticketing related Tessitura features, documentation and forums on the Tessitura network.
- Train staff on the sales and ticketing functions of the CRM system.
- Motivate staff to reach sales targets, always leading by example.
- Ensure adequate staff coverage to meet demand and create a supportive environment where ideas are valued.
- Recruit, manage and mentor staff to provide a professional Sales and Customer Service team with development opportunities for career progression.
- Motivate staff to achieve their best both individually and as a team, within the framework of the performance management system.
Reporting and Data Analysis:
- Provide accurate sales data and season overview information to relevant departments so that budget expectations and business objectives can be continually monitored.
- Advise on sales projections and ensure accurate daily financial reconciliations.
- Provide detailed interpretation and analysis of sales patterns incorporating comprehensive understanding of all factors to inform programme and marketing opportunities.
- Identify trends and shifts in industry norms and provide recommendations on how to capitalise on opportunities or minimise risk.
- Ensure that all sales and ticketing activities are within budgetary framework and reduce costs where appropriate.
- Implement, maintain and review Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs), policies and systems to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- With the Sales and Customer Service management team, implement the sales and customer service plan to deliver on department objectives.
- Represent the organisation at relevant external and internal meetings and events as required.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry peers and stakeholders.
- Undertake any other tasks as may be deemed reasonable and appropriate.
The post holder will have:
- At least three years management experience in sales and ticketing in a highly customer focused organisation.
- Prior experience of working with a CRM/ticketing system – Tessitura experience would be desirable.
- Passion for excellence in customer service with the ability to lead, inspire and motivate a sales team
- Demonstrated progression in roles and responsibilities.
- A rigorous approach to delivery including strong administration and communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritise both their own workload and that of team members.
- Proven experience of analysing information, budgetary and financial controls.
- Experience of managing change and introducing new services and systems.
- A knowledge and interest in theatre and the arts.
Terms & Conditions
Post: This is a full time fixed term post with the Abbey Theatre – 40 hours net per week.
Hours: The hours of work for this post will vary depending on business needs and will be required to work evenings and weekends. A minimum of one day box office shift is required weekly.
Annual Salary: Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Probationary period: 6 months.
Holidays: 24 days per annum (including Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
Public Holidays: 9 Public holidays per annum.
Pension: The Abbey Theatre provides employees with access to a Personal Retirement savings Scheme Account (PRSA) and will match contributions up to 5.5% of salary.
Employees must contribute a minimum of 3% to avail of employer contributions. Contributions are made through payroll.
Life Assurance: The Abbey Theatre Group Life Assurance plan provides a benefit to all employees of 4 times annual salary in the event of death while in service.
Health Insurance: Employers are provided with the option to join the Abbey Theatre – VHI Group Scheme. Participant employees receive a 10% discount on any VHI plan and the subscription is deducted through payroll.
Please send a completed Abbey Theatre Application form and an up to date CV to:
26 Lower Abbey Street
Alternatively email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 12noon on May 19th 2014
The Abbey Theatre is an equal opportunities employer.